Here are pain-specific mental health resources intended for clients of Couragepsyc.
Publicly available pain information
- Pain toolkit (costs apply)
- Explain pain in less than 5 minutes video by Brainman. This has been translated to various languages.
- Explain pain book
Useful publicly available websites/apps other clients have said are useful (please note that I don’t monitor the content of these sites).
- Headspace UK (introduction to mindfuness with meditations).
- MoodGYM (for self-help of mild/moderate mental health conditions using CBT).
- Pain Australia
- APMA – Australian Pain Management Association for consumers.
Apps. (Note. There are many new apps that are release everyday marketed as mental health apps. However, there is now emerging evidence to suggest that not all of these apps are effective and very few actually have research evidence (e.g.)
- Mindful colouring app available for iTunes and android.
- Smiling mind app is a great Australian app for mindfulness with meditations for children, youth and adults.
- Headspace UK is another great app for mindfulness meditations.
- There are various apps available to track pain symptoms including My Pain Diary (Costs apply).