Here are some free resources and ideas for adults. Resources are primarily designed for clients of CouragePsyc.
- Sleep diary
- Sleep tracker record
- Crisis management plan
[More coming soon!]
Publically available resources
“Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.”
- Headtohealth (One stop shop for mental health information and resources)
- Lifeline (Information, phone number and online chat).
- Headspace UK (introduction to mindfulness with meditations).
- MoodGYM (for self-help of mild/moderate mental health conditions using CBT).
- Reachout (For consumers of mental health services).
- COPMI (Great for children of parents with mental illness)
Apps. (Note. There are many new apps that are release everyday marketed as mental health apps. However, there is now emerging evidence to suggest that not all of these apps are effective and very few actually have research evidence (e.g.)
- Mindful colouring app available for iTunes and android.
- Smiling mind app is a great Australian app for mindfulness with meditations for children, youth and adults.
- Headspace UK is another great app for mindfulness meditations.
- My QuitBuddy app by the Australian government to help with smoking cessation.
- The right mix app by the Australian government to help with alcohol misuse.
- PTSD Coach by the DVA is available on iTunes and android.
- Recovery record for eating disorders
“Believe in yourself. You are braver than you think, more talented than you know, and capable of more than you imagine.”