Dr H. Karen Li is a fully registered psychologist with clinical endorsement.
Karen uses Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT), Radically Open Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (RO-DBT), and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) to help individual clients to do more of the things that matter to them. Read more about these treatment approaches by clicking here.
Karen trained to become a clinical psychologist at the University of Queensland, Australia.
Karen works with adolescents, young adults and families. She conducts individual therapy and group-based therapies.
Karen also runs a number of seminars and parenting groups in schools and community organisations. Karen has had training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), Behavioural Family Intervention (BFI), Triple P (PPP)- parent training, Couple Care (CC), and Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT), Radically Open Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (RO-DBT) frameworks.
Besides private practice, Karen also writes scientific articles for publication and provides treatment for chronic/persistent pain patients, FND patients and patients with eating disorders.
Karen has also had research training at the Centre of Adolescent Health, Murdoch Children’s Research Institute, Melbourne, Australia and the Social Developmental Research Group, University of Washington, Seattle. Her PhD was on the interaction between adolescent substance use and family functioning.
Throughout her training she has worked with adults, young adults, children and families with a range of presentations including depression, anxiety, psychosis, behavioural disorders, ASD, ADHD, borderline PD, eating disorders, persistent pain and functional neurological pain, etc. Her current research involve alcohol and other drug use and training mental health/drug and alcohol workers.
Karen provides supervision to psychologists working in pain, FND and AOD.
- PhD, University of Queensland, 2014
- Masters of Clinical Psychology, 2014
- Bachelor of Science (Psychology)(Hons I). University medal, 2008
- Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Commerce. Deans Honour Roll, 2007
- Fully Registered Psychologist (with clinical psychology endorsement) with the Psychology Board of Australia
- Board approved supervisor
- Accredited Triple P Provider (Standard, Group, Enhanced, Primary Care Stepping Stones, Group Stepping Stones, Seminar)
- COPMI Family Focus provider
- Youth Mental Health First Aid accredited provider
- RO-DBT intensive trained